Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Relationships

What makes you get out of bed in the morning? When I was younger it was money. I could never get enough. Then a few years later (ok maybe more than a few) it was status and power. I liked feeling important. Now I am older (and feeling really old) and am comfortable financially and where I am in life, the thing I love the most is working with people. Not just any people but great people who I consider my friends. The people I work with and my clients are very important to me. I send birthday cards and make note of special events in their lives on my calendar. Now don't think I do this just to build a fake sense of caring, I really do care. I have learned that maybe this makes me naive and sometimes I get taken advantage of, but I don't care. It allows me to get out of bed in the morning and think about all the great things I get to do.

No comments: