Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cycles

In sales everything can be broken down to cycles - good, bad and ugly. Currently I am in one of the ugly cycles. It seems that lately I have had to deal with a fair amount of customer issues. Usually I would guess one might happen per week, but this week there have been too many (I think that number is around four). Now that may not seem like a lot, but to me it is way too many. I am not sure if it has to deal with the weather (low pressure system going through and it affects a lot of things - my kids got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night) or just it is that time when a lot of our projects are being completed, but it is the cycle. I am usually pretty good at handling this but sometimes a client just hits me wrong and that happened this week. When everything I say or do is wrong in their eyes and I can't figure out what my next step should be. These are the times that I have to force myself to back away for a little bit and regroup. Those are the times you write the email you really want to send them, hold if for 24 hours and then reread and then delete. It may not be overly productive, but it sure feels good to write the words down sometimes.

2 comments:

Mike's Blog said...

Having the same issues this week buddy! I think it is because of the start of school and people are cranky.

Stuart R. Crawford said...

Joddey, see my posting for August 31...I feel your pain bro...