Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Receiving

Well the shoe is on the other foot. My wife fly out yesterday and will be at meeting until Thursday. I now am a single dad of my youngest two children (Taryn 22 months and Gabe 8 months). I know that she does a lot around the house and I don't always appreciate what she does, but spending time alone being the only adult (read into this person to clean up after eating Cavatini - not the best choice to feed them, play with and give baths to) I really get a respect for what she does when I am away. I know it is hard, but being in her shoes reallys makes it much more understanding. My mother-in-law came over last night to watch the kids today. I have a customer event that will last into the evening and needed someone to help out. It is difficult for me to ask for help, even when there is no other way around getting something done. Thanks to my friend Brad Schow from Compudyne in Diluth for telling me that maybe I need to be ready to receive (this was after we ready the Go-Giver) and that might be holding me back. I had always seen asking for help as a weakness, but now I have to revaluate. Just one more thing to ponder over, but I know Brad is right (he usually is).

No comments: