Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Image

I went golfing yesterday with a friend and client of mine - Dan Culhane, the executive director of the Ames Chamber and Economic Development. We had a great time and had a great discussion. One of the things we discussed that is getting more important to me is image. It seems that people are becoming unaware of how important image is for them. It may sound shallow, but it is the only thing many people have to go on the first time you meet them. I am not in favor of trying to become something you are not, but one should understand how what they wear, how they cut their hair, their tatoos and everything affects how people see them. Right or wrong it happens. Being in sales I am always very aware of this. Again I don't think it is right to be fake, but a person does need to keep this top of mind while going through life.

No comments: