Monday, June 2, 2008

Vacation

It's the first day of vacation and I am looking forward to it. My oldest son is here (he lives in New Mexico with his mother during the school year) and we have a lot planned. Most of it focuses around golf and fishing, but there is some other things (like seeing movies and actually doing a little work around the house). I am sure it will take me at least a day to relax and get into vacation mode, but I will make it happen. As usual it is always hard to completely shut off from work. I always struggle with that concept. Recently though a mentor of mine, Stuart Crawford, hleped me think though it. Why do we ever need to shut completely off? Yes I take time for my wife and kids (I do need to take a little more time for me (thanks Mike)), but I do enjoy my job. I love helping people and playing with technology. It is a great thing to get to do every day.

Well I need to go - my son just woke up and is wondering what time our tee time is (of course it is pouring outside right now).

No comments: