Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Communication

For the past two days my 20 month old daughter has been a bear. She is screaming and crying and just been in a very bad mood. The biggest problem that I have is that she can't tell us what is wrong. She has a pretty big list of words that she knows, but she either couldn't or wouldn't tell us what was wrong. This happens to me quite a bit - I have a problem, but can't or won't communicate it clearly. How do we expect things to get better if we don't communicate? I am working on it (I put it on my goals and my wife saw it, so you know she will remind me of my status). A lot of times it comes down to - I shouldn't need to ask for help. I guess the older I get the more I am sold on the idea that I am good at only so many things and I WILL ask for help. Are you able to do that?
By the way - my daughter was cutting a tooth (saw it this morning). Things are much better today!

No comments: