Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Written Goals

It has been a long time since I last blogged and feel out of sorts. The week / month / quarter / year seem to be flying by. Without written goals I am not sure how I could be as focused as I am. Goals are very important to keep me focused (which I need a lot of help with) and to gauge how I am doing. Do you have goals? More importantly do you have them written down and review them? What good are they if you don't document. I will take it one step further, do you have people that hold you accountable to your goals? I didn't for the longest time and found that reviewing my goals was something I did, but mainly it was a job to do. Now with a group of people that hold me accountable (I email the status of my goals monthly out to them) and I need to understand and explain why things are the way they are. Are we being honest with ourselves and what we are doing daily? It is a lot of work, but like I said, keeps me focused and aware of where I am in regards to my goals. Try it - I think it will be well worth the work.

No comments: