Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Routine

I love to read and I read a lot. Sometimes I think why should I read about sales and technology, I have been doing it for most of my career. Don't I know most of these ideas anyway, deep down. I could be playing my PSP or PS2 of WII (ok the last two are my kids, but the first is mine). I could be watching TV or just vegging out. Why read so much (I read about one book a month and about 6 magazines). I realized last night it is because I am always trying to get better. I am always trying to push myself. I get burnt out every so often and need to take a break, but I know I take a couple of days to refresh and get back at it. Like the old saying you are either green and growing or red and rotting. I had a discussion last week from my friend Mike in of Syand. He was feeling guilty for needing a little break. I think it is good for a person. We (or at least I am) are creatures of habit and I love my routine, but sometimes I need to let my hair down and just have fun. But after I do that for a day or two it is back to the old grind, and to tell you the truth I enjoy it. I love my life and what I do. Can you say that? If not, why are you where you are at right now?

No comments: