Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Planning

I have been finding it difficult to take the time to blog lately. It seems like it is the first thing off my agenda when items get backed up, and I am trying to change that. I have been out of the office a lot lately on long trips and it plays heck with getting work done. I can get the normal day to day work done, but it is all the paperwork that backs up on me. I read a blog by a friend of mine this morning (Steve Riat - you can find a link to his blog on the side of this entry) in regards to salespeople in the office. I am torn with the idea. I think time out of the office is necessary, but so is time in the office. He made a great point of spending 1 hour a day on new clients - I just need to sit down and figure out how to get it all done. I am taking another great idea from a friend (Stuart Crawford - he also has a link on the side of this entry) and taking a planning day in a couple of weeks. This planning day will entail looking at sales numbers to date and where I want to be and how I am going to get there. It will entail reviewing my plan of how I work with my clients and what changes need to be made with that also. Without goals and a plan how are you going to get anywhere in life?

No comments: