Monday, July 28, 2008

Mall of America

Back at work after a few days off and ready to get at it. I love what I do, but sometimes you need to take a little time to recharge the batteries. I took the family up to the Mall of America in Minneapolis for the first time (being only 3 hours away I feel guilty that this was the first time to take the family). I had been there one time before for about 2 hours where I helped a friend pick a Lego toy out for his children, buy a new pair of sunglasses and then enjoy an excellant meal of Hooter's wings (they really do have good wings). This time we designated 2 days for the event, and probably walked into only 3 stores the whole time. My kids LOVED the amusement park. There was something there that all of them could enjoy (11 years, 22 months and 7 months). Most of the time I just marveled at the environment (it is so much more than just a mall). There is something for any age and whatever a person would want to do. It is truely a marketing marvel. It makes me think - what are we missing with our clients. Do they come to us because they want to, or because it is less painful than changing? I hope it is because of the relationships we have built, but for some I am not sure.
On a side note - with the way that the mall was busy, I certainly didn't feel any economic pressures. People seemed to be spending A LOT of money and seemed pretty happy about it.

No comments: