Monday, May 12, 2008

Today's Life Lesson

I think I finally made a break through already this morning. I had a client tell me they were going with another solution for a quote I had submitted to them (it didn't meet their needs perfectly and I knew that but thought I would give it a shot) and I didn't take it personally. Why is it that we feel like when a client tells us this we feel like they don't like us (or is it just me)? I held my composure and asked why they went that direction and, after the discussion, would have recommended them to go that direction also. Not only did I learn without letting my ego or emotions get in the way, but I left with a PO for work that we hadn't even discussed before. This was not easy for me, but I know it is the correct way (one of those life lessons that we need learn but is painful). I guess another day another lesson learned.

No comments: