Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Two Lives

A good friend and mentor of mine had a post yesterday in regards to a book we are reading, "The Go-Giver", for our HTG3 peer group. He has read a lot further than me (he is on vacation) and blogged about a portion of the book that really caught his attention. The quote goes as follows: "A genuinely sound business principle will apply anywhere in life - in your friendships, in your marriage, anywhere. That's the true bottom line. Not whether it simply improves your financial balance sheet, but whether it improves your life's balance sheet". What an interesting concept. How many of us seperate our home lives and our work lives. It has always been one of my goals to merge the two. If you are not doing good in one of the areas, the other will be affected. My wife and I always have the discussion that I am too much of an open book. My thought is that people know where I am coming from, no matter what area of life I know you. There is no just knowing a part of me, it is all or nothing (or at least as much as you can handle).

No comments: