Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Boss - The Client

70 degrees and no wind - so why am I in the office? Sooner or later you need to stop in and get some of that dreaded paperwork done. Why is it that even though we are in the technology industry we still need to create paper? I think it has gotten much better - but there is still a long way to go. Yesterday I spent 5 hours in the car to meet with a client for 2 hours. That is a long time for one client, but I thought it was important to meet face to face. There had been some issues, there were some new projects coming up, but more importantly I had not meet in person with them for a while. While I love email, and phone calls are great, there is still nothing as powerful as meeting in person. To me it states that the client is important in my life. Early in my sales career I learned that email, fax, phone calls and the like are tools to suppliment in between personal visits with the client. At the end of the day - they are the only reason I have a job.

No comments: