Monday, April 7, 2008

I am trying to get better at posting on at least an everyother day schedule. Again I think it is important, but it seems that the lower priority items take up all the time. Many of my mentors, including Arlin Sorensen, Stuart Crawford and Steve Riat, think that getting your thoughts down on paper (either physically or digitally) is important, so I think that I should follow their leads.

This weekend was awesome! My wife and kids and I did NOTHING but stay around the house and play. Oh sure it was difficult to do at some times (my mind always wanders to chores that need to be done) but how long will it be until my children don't have time for me? I need to make the most of the time that I have. I say that I work hard to provide for my family, but why wait to enjoy them until there is nothing left to enjoy because I am too old to do anything with them. A book that I read not that long ago ("The Four Hour Work Week") had many interesting thoughts to ponder, but the biggest that I took away was why do we wait till we are old to retire. Take some time every month or year to enjoy what you have. I am trying to do that and will tell you how that works.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

No comments: