Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Control

This morning is was a glorious 29 degrees when I got out of bed this morning. It is almost May 1st and it seems like it still could be March. By now I should have golfed a couple of games, done some yard work and be ready for summer. Instead I have yet to hit a golf ball and other than mowing for the first time this weekend, no yard work is done. This stresses me out. I like things when they follow my plan, whether that is the weather, my kids or my clients. I have finally come to the realization with the birth of my third child, that life will do what it wants no matter how hard I try to change it's course. I am a student at this point in learning to roll with the punches and make the best what ever comes my way (but between some interesting clients and three kids I am on the fast track). After a lot of discussions with my wife, who just happens to be my best friend also, I have realized I can't let all of this get to me all of the time. I need to control the stress instead of it controlling me and stop creating more stress for myself (which we all do). I am learning and with a lot of help I should get there before I die.

No comments: