Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Time to Slow Down and Reevaluate

I read a great blog by a good friend of mine, Steve Riat, yesterday in regards to always feeling like we need to rush around. It seems like if we don't have multiple things on our plate at one time we are not working hard enough (or maybe this is just me). Whatever happened to doing one thing at a time, and doing it well? I know that multitasking is needed sometimes, but should it be the normal way we do business?

A few months back I made a promise to be 100% at home in the evening for my family, that means no email, no laptop, no smartphone, no technology. Kids grow up too fast and you need to enjoy them while you can. Would this concept, in one degree or another, work at the office or on the road? I feel like I have become a slave to the process instead of allowing the process to make sure I have everything I need. The customer should be my number one priority, but lately I feel like paperwork has taken their place. This is not good and I know I need to change this mentality.

No comments: