Monday, November 10, 2008

Prioritzies and Family

Well it got cold and wintery over the weekend. It now truly feels like November. I am glad that I get to experience all four seasons. I love the changes in the weather (until it gets really cold). Today I have to leave to go to my wife's grandfathers funeral. At occassions like this it always makes me think - what will they say at my funeral. One of my mentors, Arlin Sorensen, is always talking about your legacy that you create with the short amount of time you are here. I have yet to hear anyone say "I should have worked more". I try to spend good time (not always the amount I would want) with my kids, wife and family. It is funny, sometimes when I feel overwhelmed with what I have going on and that I don't have time to spend with my loved ones I stop and realize they are the exact reason I am working as hard as I do. It makes you feel pretty humble (and stupid sometimes).
Make sure you prioritize your life the way you want it to be and then spend the time accordingly!

No comments: