Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas Shopping

Took yesterday off to spend with my wife and go Christmas shopping. Now I am not your typical guy (no comments from those that know me well) in the fact that I enjoy shopping. I enjoy looking at all the new items on the shelves. I remember back to the days when I was young (although they are getting harder to remember) and think what things we got for Christmas. There was GI Joe, Stretch Armstrong, Six Million Dollar Man, and of course we always got underwear (thanks mom!). The one thing I noticed is that shopping this early (and yes we are done) people are much friendlier and willing to work with you on special request. The stress is not there and it was actually a pretty enjoyable day. We shopped for around 8 hours and had an excellant meal at one of my wife's favorite places - The Cheescake Factory. My advise to anyone listening - go now and enjoy the time together instead of making it such a stressful situation.

No comments: