Monday, September 22, 2008

Parents

Had a great weekend hosting my parents. It was great to have them at my house and able to take care of them for a little bit. Had a couple of odd jobs to have them help me with. We always have to have things to do or they get bored quickly (maybe that is where I get it from). I was struck by how their ages are catching up to them. Now they are not that old (both are 69) but what they use to do easily and without needing to stop for a break now takes twice as long. They are not able to just work all day like they use to. They have both worked very hard and I guess it is time for them to start slowing down a little and enjoying life. It reminds me of the book "The Four Hour Work Week". Why do we wait till the end of our lives to retire and enjoy ourselves, we need to do it all along the way.

No comments: