Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Friends

How often do you have one of those days and you wish you could share with someone, but there is no one in your circle of friends that you can talk to. I use to be that way but with a lot of work I have developed a very large circle of friends that spans a massive amount of interests. I know if I need some one to talk to about sales, relationships, my family, football or anything I have someone to call and talk to. As important they know they can call me also. I have read a lot of great books but one I reread about every 6 months is "Never Eat Alone" by Keith Ferrazzi (http://community.keithferrazzi.com/ is the on-line community surronding the book and the thought pattern). The major items I took from the book (and I am not sure if it is spelled out in the book or this is just how I read it) are:
1. You can never have enough friends.
2. The person who has the largest roledex in the end wins.
3. Never keep score as to who called last. If it is a valuable relationship take the time to make sure it is healthy.
It is not easy, but it is well worth the work. I know that where ever I go I always have a friend near by and that is a great feeling.

1 comment:

Stuart R. Crawford said...

Joddey, I am having the luxury of seeing Keith speak in a few weeks here in Calgary...looking forward to it.

Stuart Crawford
http://blog.itsuccessmentor.com