Thursday, June 9, 2016

Sales Fun

Life can suck - both at work and at home.  Bad things happen - it's life.  Why do we let this drag us down?  People don't want to meet with me to hear about all the problems I'm dealing with that day.  We all have issues.  My job is to sell, but more importantly it is to understand what is bothering them both at work, but also at home.  My best skill is listening (most of the time, but I do seem to lose the skill when at home, but I am working on that one).  I listen and people talk.  I look in their eyes so they know that I am there with them - with what ever they want to talk about.  I also want to have fun.  The meeting is not over unless I can get the other person to laugh.  I want to have fun, and I want other to have fun with me.  Try it - don't dwell on how you lost a deal, how someone did you wrong or whatever is stuck in your head.  That's not to say you can't deal with it, but not when you are in front of others.  So I am starting a new focus - #SalesFun (I hear if you put the # sign in front of something it is real).  What do you do to have fun?  How often do you do it?  Why not more often?
I look forward to hearing from you...

No comments: