Thursday, September 22, 2016

Help (Ask for and Give)

Sitting in an airport right now on my way home.  Had a great couple of days with some incredible people at a technology event (Ingram Micro's Trust X Heartland Chapter meeting - highly recommend).  I always come home with a couple of great ideas (and very tired but full of energy if that makes sense).  I go to these events to hear what others are doing and to SWIPE (steal with integrity and pride).  Why reinvent the wheel when someone (usually much smarter than me) has done it already.  I try to live by Henry Ford's thought of surrounding yourself with people smarter than you.  Let them do their job and get out of their way (and take great notes to learn).  Do you allow yourself to do this?  Do you feel like you have to tackle it all by yourself?  DON'T.  I am always calling friends for help (and they do the same with me).  Be vulnerable and be honest.  This is huge in sales (and in life - especially with kids)!  You are not alone and you don't have to know everything.  Have fun and ask for help and see how things go for you.

No comments: