Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm the Problem

As I state on my seemingly 100th conference call for the day it occurs to me - I will never get this time back.  Why do we do this to ourselves?  Or maybe I am the only person who has this issue, but I doubt it from feedback I am hearing.  As I sat and did work when on one of them (come on we all do it, don't lie) it occurred to me that I am the problem.  I need to say "no" more that I say "yes" and this isn't a bad thing.  As a sales person I really don't like no - it seems very negative, but if you think about it, it really isn't.  It may mean not now or I am not really interested so I don't want to waste your time and mine.  At the end of the day that is really what's important isn't it - being honest and focusing on what is important.  I think I will hang up on the conference call early and get some A1 priorities crossed off my list.

No comments: