Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bad Things to Good People

Why does it happen? Doesn't God care? It has been a pretty rough go for the Hicks' household. There have been a lot of difficulties that have hit our extended family. The problem is that I am a very emotional person, so although we are not directly affected by them, they take quite an emotional toll on me. I think about them quite a bit and help out how we can because in the end people are really all that matter. You need to stop and help when and how you can because there may not be another time.
By the way -God does care. I view God as a loving father. I don't want bad things to happen to my children, but I can only protect so much. We, like my kids, need to make their own choices - right or wrong. All we can do is watch, help when we can, and love them just like God does to us.

1 comment:

Stacy Dreyer said...

Thanks for sharing this, Joddey. Sounds like good discussion for our meeting next week.