Thursday, January 20, 2011

Customer Service

I had to buy a new pair of dress pants last night.  I decided to do something different and visited a local store that does alterations.  I know that some of the mall stores can do this, but thought I would give this store a try.  I had been warned that they were a little pricey, but I tell my clients in life you get what you pay for, so thought I better walk the walk.  I knew I made the right decision when I walked in and there were two people who immediately asked if there was anything they could help me find.  I started discussing my needs (black dress pants) and before I knew it I had 5 options to choose from.  They made sure I saw all the options they had and actually helped me make my decision.  I tried them on and came out and they were right there to help get the correct length (read here that for my waist size it can be difficult to find the right height - ok I am short and fat :)).  Overall the experience was awesome, didn't cost me more than if I had gone to a mall store and took less than 30 minutes.  It was so great that I decided to buy two pair (you can never have enough dress pants can you?). 
By the way the store name?  It was Moorman Clothiers in Ames, Iowa and if you are ever in the area I would highly recommend stopping by (http://www.moormanclothiers.com/).

No comments: