Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Enough with the Rain

OK so we live in Iowa - the weather here is not always the best.  For the last three days (feels like a month) it has rained a lot (over 9 inches is what I am told) and is hot (heat index is over 100).  Enough already.  I am tired of tearing my carpeting up in the basement due to water.  I am tired of people scared to do things they should (or are paid to do) because of the floods (or chance of them), and most of all I am tired (my kids don't sleep well with the storms).
I know that the weather is not horribly exciting to discuss (unless you are a farmer and since I grew up on a farm I still consider myself a "farm boy") but things have to change quickly.
Now that my rant is over you can go back to your life - there is not much we can do about it anyway.  Sometimes you just need to blow off some steam though.

No comments: