Wednesday, January 25, 2017

How to Improve at Sales

Do you want to get better at sales, building relationships and have a happier life?  I have a simple tip.  Slow down and talk more.  It amazes me how fast we try to live our lives.  It isn't a race, it's a journey so enjoy the ride.
Now I'm not saying anything that I can't learn from also.  We are all so busy running from appointment to appointment (I'm including family events also - basketball, dance and soccer to just name a few) that we forget to have fun along the way.  Technology has eroded our ability to just take time and talk (and of course LISTEN) to people.  When was the last time you spoke to someone and had a great conversation?
So what tips can I give you?  Try these:
 1. Shut all technology down.  If that's not possible at least minimize it.  I have gone to turning my phone alerts off and placing it face down.
 2. Look the other person in the eyes when talking to them.  Don't get creepy here, but by looking in their eyes it focuses you on them.
 3. Don't hear them to just come up with a reply to what they are saying, or telling a better story (OK very guilty here).  Really listen to what they are saying.  It is OK not to have a great response when they are done. 
Do you have tips?  If so I would love to hear from you.

No comments: