Friday, August 8, 2014

Good Customer Service

I was thinking (and watching) while out in public lately.  What makes good customer service?  Is it always being there?  Is it answering all their questions?  Or is it something else?  I think at the heart of really good customer service is just listening to the client/customer.  Most people want to be listened to and then helped - but without good listening skills everything else just falls apart.
Are you and your team good listeners?  What can you do to improve listening?  Think I will dive into this topic more later but a starting point is this - start at home.  Who better to have help with listening than your family.  Trust me - my wife and kids tell me every time I'm not listening well to them.  My oldest son used to grab my head and make me look him in the eyes when he thought I wasn't listening well enough.  Good feedback for us all.

No comments: